HERE Technologies is a company that offers map and location data and related services to individuals and companies. It is largely in the hands of a consortium of German car companies, while other companies also have minority interests.
The company has over 6,500 employees worldwide and is today owned by the BMW, Audi, Daimler and Intel consortium. The company was once founded by Navteq and later taken over by Nokia.
Navigation as a service is just the beginning
Despite the fact that this partner agreement costs a lot of time and money for Censys BV in Eindhoven, we are convinced that it must be a fully-fledged alternative to the current integration of Google Maps.
"The main reason for integrating HERE is the planned development of new products and services within Pitane Mobility for taxi and coach companies."
Pitane Mobility version 10 will use the following HERE services, among others:
- Geocoding - Highly accurate mapping of geo coordinates and addresses
- Positioning - Device tracing and positioning for inside and outside, online and offline
- Fleet Telematics - Advanced algorithms for optimal routing and planning with an extensive set of data, including attributes, costs and environmental zones
- Routing - accurate instructions to a destination using different transport modes (car, bus, taxi, public transport, bicycle) and using matrix and isoline algorithms
- Places - Extensive set of Points of Interest with rich attribution for more than 400 categories
- Map tiles - Pre-displayed map tiles with various display types, such as a regular map, satellite images, and terrain
- Folder Image - Pre-rendered map images that are already optimized for both desktop and mobile devices